Thursday, November 30, 2017

Big Magic - Elizabeth Gilbert - Reviewed

Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
Genre:
Non-Fiction

“The universe buries strange jewels deep within us all, and then stands back to see if we can find them.”  - Big Magic.
This has been one of the best books I have read after a pretty long time. I had seen one of my colleagues carrying this book along with her to the office and I was drawn to the cover page of the book. I was curious and ended up asking her to lend me the book for a week but I guess the Universe had a different plan.  Of course, I ended up ordering a new book for myself because the "IDEA" of borrowing did not work quite well.
That's how my relationship with the IDEA of BIG MAGIC finally started. Elizabeth Gilbert, one of the most celebrated authors knows how to keep her readers interested. I ended up studying the book instead of reading it and the best part of the book was the "Elk Talk" bit. I literally could visualize the entire story as I read through the words. The way the author takes a complete grip on the content by explaining the advantages of creative living and how the world of "IDEAS" can actually exist and work.
She also explains how the creative living can make each one of us happy without asking much of us. The way she explains why creativity is important in our lives and why should we not be scared of creating things is matchless.
Reading this book would certainly elate you and would give you a totally different perspective on the concept of creativity and ideas. The author explains explicitly the collaboration of ideas with us and the occurrence of “BIG MAGIC” in an effortless manner.

I would certainly like to thank my colleague for introducing me to this wonderful book, "Thanks Siji" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment